Tuesday, June 4, 2013

We're here because we're here because we're here because we're here....

Wednesday was a study in my patience. I had to wait all day for my momma to come home from work to begin our journey. I tried to treat it like any other day. Wake up, have breakfast (chunky apple pancakes), work out, shower, walk the dogs...but seriously I was pretty fidgety and anxious to get on our way. Around 3pm I grabbed the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee who were so far being awesome. I got them harnessed and in their cages without any hissing or pissiness.

Soon Mikey was home to drive us to the airport and the meowing commenced. Well actually Rafi commenced meowing scared, hollow MeOWWWwws. Olive sat quietly in her bag and dealt with the jerky car ride like a champ. Rafi's yelping was not a good sign of the trip ahead of us. I tried to calm him with a sing-songy baby-talk voice and petting him through the bag, but he was plain freaked out and could care less about my reassurring words, "It's okay, it's okay...".

By the time Michael dropped us off my nerves were frazzled, but the meowing finally seemed to slow down (not stop, slow down). Then came security. We got to use the priority lane and jump to the front of the line, thanks to some wonky ticket issues we had first class seats, but the fun stopped there.

I mentioned earlier that I harnessed my cats, well that is because you have to take them out of their bags and walk through the metal detector. I was dreading this moment. My cats don't really like strangers, so put them in an already stressful situation and throw a crowd in and I figured I was screwed. But Olive and mom debagged with relative ease. I on the other hand couldn't get Rafi out of his bag and had to pull him out by his harness while a TSA lady tugged the bag in the opposite direction. He clung to me like I was trying to chuck him into a roaring furnace.

After security I was pretty sweaty and shaky from the Rafi shenanigans, but we made it and it was all down hill from there. A nice stop at the airport Great Lakes Brewing Co. helped too. The airplane ride was smooth, filled with tasty snack boxes and some serious cat snuggling (As long as Rafi was being touched, he was quiet). We landed in Denver around 8:30pm and we reunited with Joe not too much later. The ride home was pleasant and picturesque, lit by the sprawling lights of my new home.

We ended our travel day with a quick jaunt to Attivo Pizzerio and Bar. Attivo is a really wonderful restaurant with a clean, open kitchen that smelled of yeasty goodness. We ordered hot subs and a calzone and were not dissapointed. The subs were huge and priced well. My eggplant parmesan sandwich was crusty, filled with some oozy provolone and a well-flavored tomato sauce. A full stomach was the perfect end to our long day and sent us home ready for bed.

ttfn.

No comments:

Post a Comment